Smolensk State Medical University (former Academy) was established in 1920, is one of top Medical Universities of Russia, located in the Smolensk city, 360 kilometers (220 mi) west-southwest of Moscow. The Smolensk State Medical Academy is a fully licensed higher school and is a centre of medical education and science. The SSMA is one of the leaders in doctors’ training, medical research, curative and preventive activities. It trains medical and pharmaceutical specialists for various regions of Russia as well as for a number of overseas countries.
The Smolensk State Medical Academy has 65 Departments located in the campus and on the basis of the leading health care units of the town. 450 teachers and professors work at the Academy including 92 Doctors of Medicine (MD) and 281 Candidates of Sciences (PhD).
Students are trained in General Medicine, Dentistry, Children’s Diseases, Pharmacology and Nursing. Particular attention is paid to the students’ training and organization of the training process. To improve the quality of the students’ training the Principle Methodical Council, the Department of Education and Management have been set up. The Smolensk State Medical Academy is aimed at implementing up-to-date methods of training, more active application of modern information techniques in the educational and self-education process. Teaching hospitals of the SSMA are provided with up-to date equipment to diagnose and treat various diseases. Active involvement of medical students into the process gives students a good chance to learn advanced medical techniques.
Studying MBBS in Smolensk State Medical University
it is certainly a good idea to study at SGMU. But you need to keep certain things in mind which are :-
There is no bribery for clearing any credit or any exam, so you need to be thorough with all the required studies. Also any sort of conflicts or arguments with any subject teacher could lead to trouble in clearing your exams that could eventually waste your year.
In case you have habits of drinking or smoking and if caught, you will not be excused by the monitor in your hostel who will inform the Chancellor. Also it is said that there are spy agents of monitor that are students who will secretly inform him about you. Chancellor will debar you from the University after a warning or two.
You cannot argue or fight against the Chancellor as he has the power to punish you severely by penetrating any University rule. Till the last day of your final year in Smolensk you will have to obey him
Your health insurance taken here covers only all the ‘acute’ conditions and not chronic ones. You will be billed for the chronic ones. And Tuberculosis cases are sent back to India for a year and then requested to repeat their year but the fee for the subsequent year would be free of cost as under the valid reason of health conditions.
And the most important thing is after returning back to India you will have to crack the FMGE Screening Test without which your degree would serve no purpose in India. You will remain medically jobless despite of the degree letters besides your name. And the pass rate is very low every year ranging from 5 to 15% out of all foreign medical graduates form Russia
Admission process for MBBS course in Smolensk State Medical University
In order to take admission in Smolensk State Medical University a student must have qualified the NEET exam. The students with a score of at least 65% marks are eligible to study in Smolensk State Medical University .The subjects requisite to pursue MBBS at Smolensk State Medical University are Biology, Physics and Chemistry. The student must be proficient in English.
The documents required to take admission in Smolensk State Medical University are:
1. Health Certificate.
2. Photocopy of valid passport.
3. Passport sized photo.
4. High school academic transcript.
5. High school graduate certificate.
6. English proficiency test certificate.
Visa for MBBS course at Smolensk State Medical University
Some documents required to obtain visa for studying in Smolensk State Medical University are:
Passport with minimum 18 months validity
• 10th certificate and mark sheet
• 12th certificate and mark sheet
• Birth certificate in English and notarized
• Photo – 10 (4.5×3.5, 70% face)
• Official Invitation letter for the medical University
• Authorization of all archives by the Ministry of External Affairs, New Delhi
• Legalization of all documents by the respective Embassy
• Visa fees
Features about MBBS course at Smolensk State Medical University
A student has the following advantages of studying at Smolensk State Medical University:
Smolensk State Medical University offers good quality education.
• The cost of living for MBBS students in Smolensk is very low.
• Smolensk State Medical University is recognized by the Medical Council of India.• A MBBS student can opt for various extra-curricular activities at Smolensk State Medical University.• The tuition fee is very low for students pursuing MBBS at Smolensk State Medical University.
• A MBBS student can opt for various extra-curricular activities at Smolensk State Medical University.• The tuition fee is very low for students pursuing MBBS at Smolensk State Medical University.
• The tuition fee is very low for students pursuing MBBS at Smolensk State Medical University.
• The admission process for MBBS at Smolensk State Medical University is quite simple without any hassle of admission exams or entrance exam in Russia.
• Students from many different countries who come to study at Smolensk State Medical University provide an exposure to many cultures for an Indian student.
• The local people are also very welcoming and warm towards the students.
• Smolensk State Medical University is recognized as one of the best medical university by the World Health Organization and the Medical Council of India.
• Student exchange programs are organized with various healthcare establishments in EU as well as outside it.
Hostels and Others:
The Smolensk State Medical Academy is constructed in a campus system i.e. educational buildings, library, mess, hostels, sport complexes, play ground, cultural complexes and park are situated in one campus. The Smolensk State Medical Academy has its own security surveillance system with its own commando guards for the safety of its students and campus
There are 4 hostels, which can accommodate more than 2000 students. All the hostels are flat type i.e. with attached bathroom, toilet and kitchen. The hostels are centrally heated. The hostels are fully furnished. The basic system is two students in one room. Separate arrangements for boys and girls.
MBBS In Russia Fee Structure
Joinus 4 Globel Education assists in easy and direct Russia MBBS admission in the top Russian medical colleges, mbbs in russia fee structure, visa process and other MBBS Admission in Russia related guidance. Contact Joinus 4 Globel Education for direct admission to Russian medical colleges and mbbs in russia fee structure to obtain the best quality of education from mbbs in russia for indian students with fee structure. MBBS in Russia fee structure, Important to know the russia medical college fees, We can guide you about study mbbs in russia fee structure, We mainly targeting mbbs in russia for indian students fee structure, smolensk state medical university.