Petre Shotadze Tbilisi Medical Academy (TMA) is one of the first private medical schools in Georgia, Europe with almost 25 years of experience behind its back. Tbilisi Medical Academy has highly qualified academic staff and is providing medical education in accordance with international regulations and recommendations. Study Process at Tbilisi Medical Academy is compatible with international standards. The academic faculty is represented by team of experienced professors, who have been trained in USA and Western European Countries. The Academic Process, based on ECTS system and as per Medical Council of India (MCI) Guidlines, allows students to gain international academic recognition.
Tbilisi Medical Academy offers 6 year MD program both in Georgian and English. So far, Tbilisi Medical Academy has around 500 undergraduate students, including around 170 international students, mainly from USA, UK, India, Iraq, Nigeria, Bhutan, Egypt etc. Tbilisi Medical Academy is proud to be home university for many notable physicians and scientists, who are running successful careers both in Georgia and internationally. Mission of Tbilisi Medical Academy is to raise competitive professionals, in accordance with the requirements of modern medical profession and demands of today’s medical job market.
The Goal of Tbilisi Medical Academy is to elaborate independent and critical thinking to the students that will support highly qualified specialists in the future. At TMA we have truly international environment, where we cherish and share the values of equality, honesty and integrity. At present, Tbilisi Medical Academy is managed by Mrs. Irene Shotadze.
The main Objectives of Tbilisi Medical Academy:
- Preparation of certified doctors and dentists in training through providing practice-oriented higher education with certified doctors and dentists in training; Introduction of Students with the Principle of Continuous Education;
- Cooperation with other educational and research institutions as well as with professional associations; in order to promote and encourage international mobility of Students and Academic Staff; Organizing and conducting scientific research; Integrating closely Learning Process with Scientific Activities; Development of International research activities in Tbilisi Medical Academy;
- Development of long-term partnerships with Strategic Partners, Affiliated Clinical and Scientific Institutions and provision of continuing cooperation;
- Optimization of Tbilisi Medical Academy structure;
- Modernization of material-technical base in accordance to international standards and requirements;
- Ensuring transparence and publicity of management and competition;
Facilities of university
- Library – the university comprises of well-furnished library with 3700000 books and periodicals to have a better understanding of course outline and research topics which itself diminishes the overdependence on internet.
- Museums– There are 7 museums inside the university which takes care of artefacts and other objects of cultural, historical and scientific. The museums of TSU are science based which preserves the scientific facts and bodies.
- Printing press– students need not to go anywhere for any printing based work as there is a specific printing press department inside the campus with all the required printing and Xerox machines, binder machines, laminator, saddle stich binder, guillotine cutters and many more.
- News Papers– university also provides newspaper facility specially for students to get to know the current and upcoming events and they specially covers “Tbilisis Universiteti “which contains majorly scientific information and research papers.
- Clinics and Hospitals– TSU has a separate hospital and departmental clinics in every regional branch with skilled surgeons, physicians, nurses with all the medical resources availability and a separate emergency wards which provides immediate assistance to patients.
- Accommodation– university provides in build hostel facility to students separated for men and women with more than 2200 living rooms of all the common and standard amenities with international traffic.