Being on the border of India, it is one of the top choices for Indian students opting for MBBS in abroad. Not just that, the syllabus and curriculum regulated in Bangladesh does not differ much from that of Indian syllabus of MBBS. However, the effective cost and easy availability of seat make it the preferable choice. Universities of Bangladesh offering MBBS is a ray of hope for students who aim to pursue MBBS though could not be because of heavy competition in the government college and heft price charged by the private universities of India offering MBBS.
The MBBS admissions in few Nepal MBBS Universities are through an entrance exams with few seats available for direct admissions. Unlike India where we now have NEET as common extrance exam, various Nepal universities conduct their own entrance exams for MBBS admissions in their affiliate colleges.
Students who think of becoming a Doctor by profession can certainly consider Bangladesh as a decent place to pursue MBBS in Bangladesh. So start preparing yourself to get admitted in the medical universities.
Bangladesh is a nation where there is no consumption of alcohol and drug. It is considered illegal. It is the safest place for MBBS in Bangladesh for Indian students. The medium of teaching is English which is easy for students to comprehend. Preparation and food eating habits are similar to India. M.C.I and W.H.O recognized and recognition from Bangladesh medical and Dental council proves that this is the best alternative to study in Bangladesh. Any other medical college would be expensive than any other medical college. MBBS admission in Bangladesh for Indian students is similar to all the medical colleges in India like similar syllabus, similar books, similar study pattern, Duration of study and everything else.
MBBS in Bangladesh fee structure 2019-20
Fee is cheap and affordable for the Indian students. They can have other pleasures as well with the MBBS course. MBBS fees of top medical colleges/universities in Bangladesh will cost from 25 lakhs to 45 lakhs including accommodation and food. This can also vary depending on the colleges in Bangladesh. It is advisable for the medical aspirants who cannot afford heavy fee structure to opt for Medical universities in Bangladesh. This may help the Indian students who cannot get admission due to their ranking or any other issues to adjust well with the education pattern, food and culture. It will be a home away from home.
Quality of MBBS in Bangladesh
The medical universities in Bangladesh is recognized by the Medical council Of India, Education Council for foreign Medical Graduates, Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research’s International Medical Education directory, Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education, Medical council of Canada and World Health Organization. It is helpful for the students to appear for the major tests lie the USMLE, PLAB and also the screening examination conducted by the National Board of Examination under the regulation of the Medical council of India, so that they can get the permission to practice medicine across the globe. Quality of education in Bangladesh is very good. Students are provided with high quality of accommodation facilities at much affordable rates.
Benefits of doing MBBS in Bangladesh
- The medium of Instruction is English. There is no language exam.
- Food and taste are similar to the food available in India.
- The climate and culture in Bangladesh is similar to that in India making it easier for Indian students to adjust there.
- The Universities/Colleges are recognised by the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the World Health Organization (WHO).
- FMGE passing percentage has been the highest from Bangladesh making it the best option for students.
- As most colleges have hostel facility available, the safety of students is ensured.
- There are daily flights and trains going from India to Bangladesh and vice versa. The two-way air fare is as low as RS 7,000 from India to Dhaka. The travelling cost is very low.
- The duration of MBBS in Bangladesh in only 5 years. Unlike, other MBBS abroad destinations student get to start their career a year earlier.
- The teaching methods and syllabus are similar to that of India.
- The cost of studying in Bangladesh is a lot less than that in Indian private colleges (with almost the same facilities as those provided in good private colleges in India).
- The cost of living is lower than that in India
- No need to appear for any language entrance exams (like IELTS/TOEFL/ PTE) to get admission.