“AIETI” Medical School is a branch of David Tvildiani Medical University. Its mission is to provide scientifically-oriented Higher Medical Education based on the best International experience. AIETI Medical School is the first non-governmental highest educational Medical Institution in Georgia established by Academician David Tvildiani and Dr. Dimitri Tvildiani in 1989.
After developing Residency, PHD and Doctorate programs and adding the Nursing School, AIETI Medical School has been upgraded by the National Authorization Council to the status of an University and from 2011 is named after its founder and the first rector as “David Tvildiani Medical University”.
The absolute majority of our graduates have been employed in the professional field, while many more successfully passed the international exams (USMLE, PLAB, MCI) and are currently developing their skills at clinics and research centers of the USA, Germany, Britain, Sweden and other countries. A number of the graduates have returned to the School as proficient teachers. Many have earned their PhD degree. AIETI is listed in the WHO AVICENNA Directory of Medical Schools, it is a member of the Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE), Association of Medical Schools in Europe (AMSE) and Organization for PhD Education in Biomedicine and Health Sciences in the European System (ORPHEUS).
Why David Tvildiani Medical University ?
- Doing MBBS from DTMU is everyone’s dream which enables them to practice in any country they want by qualifying various entrance exams like USMLE, PLAB, MCI etc.
- The university has no barrier for language.
- The entire program is based on English medium with best possible newest edition of manuals, books, research papers etc.
- The department access for post medical preparation exams especially USMLE to generate best results by allowing students to acquire practicing multiple-choice questions.
- Students are guaranteed to clear the MCI, USMLE exams by seriously attending the sessions out of it.
- Sound work culture and knowledge to seek for brighter future.
- Low tuition fee and living expenses as compared to other universities and countries.
- The university has two intakes-September and February.
- The university has provided members with all necessary manuals, programs, and other required aids to make the program more conventional and updated.
- The university has self-developed knowledge checker where students could get their course knowledge checked by giving MCQs after lectures.
Facilities of university
The university offeres N number of prerequisites in the campus. Some of them are-
1. Library– the department has a separate library which consists a wide range of medical resources which includes 500000 books, 300000 research journals, genetic traits database etc and a free access to internet so that students can have online access on google or PubMed which creates a major impact over library to operate.
2. Accommodations– the university has 4 hostels separate for both boys and girls with all essential modern amenities including wardrobe, electronic lock system, beds, internet facility, food, garden, study room, gaming section, common area for television, swimming section, gymnasium, library, etc.
3. Clinical facility– the university offers modernised clinic in the campus with all necessary medical aids and equipment’s whereby provided with experienced and trained medical doctors to help in any case.
4. Research laboratories– the university is having a proper and well- designed laboratory enriched in a variety of chemicals and lab equipment’s. The laboratory has the capacity to perform more than 5000 experiments at a time.
5. Auditorium– the university has a big auditorium with a capacity of 2000 people which is utilised during any functional events, cultural events, conferences, summits, etc.
6. Cafeteria– The university has itself a big cultural-oriented cafeteria which serves different types of food under one roof. For example- Italian, Chinese, continental, Lebanese, Indian, etc.