Capital Medical University (CMU) formerly known as Beijing second medical college was founded in 1960. It ranks among the top academic medical institutions in China and is one of the key municipal universities in Beijing. Professor Wu Jieping, the founding president of the university, was a world famous urologist as well as a member of the Chinese Academy of Sciences and the Chinese Academy of Engineering. Today, six members of teaching staff are members of these prestigious academies, enhancing the university’s domestic reputation further.
CCMU consists of 10 Schools, 14 affiliated hospitals and 1 teaching institution. The university has over 9,000 enrolled students. CMU provides a wide range of educational programs in English language for Doctorates, Masters, Bachelors and certificates.
CMU is a well known academic institution for its strong capacity in scientific research. It hosts many key national and municipal disciplines, laboratories and exchange stations for post-doctoral research. High-caliber national and municipal research and training centers and institutes are founded here, covering a wide range of fields including General Practitioner Training, Clinical Medicine, Basic Medicine, Neurosciences, Ophthalmology, Geriatrics, Urology, Cardiology, Pain Medicine, Toxicology, Biomedical Engineering, Traditional Chinese Medicine, Reproduction, Health Policy, etc.
University has achieved national and international recognitions in many areas such as Neurobiology, Cytobiology, Immunology, Medical Iconography, Neurology, Neurosurgery, Cardiology, Cardiac-vascular Surgery, Kidney Transplantation, Respiratory Disease, Digestive Medicine, Oral-Maxillofacial Surgery, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology and Pediatric Hematology, among others.
Admission to CMU
Capital Medical University is open for domestic as well as for international students from all over the world. Applicants are required to fill up application form and provide following documents:
- Completed Application Form (can be downloaded)http://winweb.ccmu.edu.cn/guojixueyuan/xz.asp
- Letter of guarantee by a Chinese sponsor (Chinese citizen) with evidence of the sponsor’s identity.
- Copies of the latest schooling certificate and transcripts.
- Copies of passport.
- TOFEL, IELTS certificate (None native speaker).
- Physical Examination Record and blood test reports (add the HbeAg).
- None Criminal Certificate provided by local Police Station.
- Economic Status Certificate and Letter of Commitment to pay tuition fee on time.
- Registration fee: The Registration fee of application will not be returned or transferred.
Students are eligible to apply for Beijing Government Scholarship only after successful completion of one academic year at CMU. Scholarships are available for international students for Master, Bachelor, Non-degree and Doctoral studies.
CMU is made up of six campuses located throughout the capital. The Main Campus and the CCMU International Campus both are located in Fengtai District, whiles Shunyi Campus in Shunyi District, Wanshoulu Campus in Haidian District, Hepingli Campus in Dongcheng District, and Dongsishitiao Campus in Dongcheng District. International students study and live mainly on the CCMU International Campus. University campuses are within easy reach by public transportation and it consists of Library, International and Local Restaurants, Student Dining Hall, Tennis Courts, Soccer Fields, Gymnasium, Indoor Basketball Courts, Outdoor Basketball Courts and Indoor Swimming Pool
- Xuan Wu Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University First Clinical School): Founded in 1959, it is one of the largest general hospitals in Beijing specialized in neurology and geriatrics, and is experienced in clinical practice, medical education and research, disease prevention and health care etc.
- Beijing Friendship Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University Second Clinical School): Founded in 1953, it is one of the largest general hospitals in Beijing, majoring in digestive, chronic hepatic diseases, and tropical diseases etc., and the hospital is medically advanced in anti-infection and organic transplantation.
- Beijing Chao Yang Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University Third Clinical School): Founded in 1958, it is one of the largest general hospitals in Beijing but is advanced in nine medical fields, including respiratory, cardiology, hyperbaric oxygen disease and so on.
- Beijing Tong Ren Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University Forth Clinical School): Founded in 1886, it is one of the large general hospitals in Beijing, specialized in ophthalmology, otolaryngology and cardiovascular disease.
- Beijing Tian Tan Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University Fifth Clinical School): Founded in 1956, it is one of the large general hospitals in Beijing, specialized in neurosurgery and medical imaging. It is the largest neurosurgery center in Asia.
- Beijing An Zhen Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University Sixth Clinical School): Founded in 1984, it is one of the large general hospitals in Beijing, highly experienced and skillful in cardiopulmonary vascular diseases, ICU, CCU etc. It is a surgery center famous for heart and lung diseases and transplantations.
- Fu Xing Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University Eighth Clinical School): Founded in 1950, it is one of the general hospitals in Beijing, advanced in uteroscopy and women’s health care. It is highly experienced in the prevention of cardiovascular diseases and community medical services.
- Beijing You An Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University Ninth Clinical School): Founded in 1956, it is one of the largest specialized hospitals in Beijing, famous for the treatment and control of infectious diseases, hepatitis, AIDS and liver transplantation.
- Beijing Children’s Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University School of Pediatrics): Founded in 1942, it is the largest comprehensive children’s hospital in China, as well as the national paediatrics base, paediatric disease prevention, and a treatment center with the collaboration of WHO and UN Children Found.
- Beijing Stomatological Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University School of Stomatology): Founded in 1945, it is one of the largest specialized stomatological hospitals in China, highly skilled in stomatological treatment and prevention, and contains a comprehensive stomatological clinical medical school.
- Beijing An Ding Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University School of Mental Health): Founded in 1914, it is one of the largest specialized hospitals in China for the treatment of psychiatric and psychological patients. It serves as the National Psychiatrist Training Center for the Ministry of Health.
- Beijing Obstetrics and Gynecology Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University School of Obstetrics and Gynecology): Founded in 1959, it is the largest specialized obstetrics and gynecology hospital in Beijing, advanced in perinatology and women’s reproduction health, and also serves as WHO research and training center for women’s health in China.
- Beijing Traditional Chinese Medicine Hospital, Capital Medical University (Capital Medical University School of Clinical Traditional Chinese Medicine): Founded in 1958, it is one of the largest traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) hospitals in Beijing, undertaking the tasks of training medical students in clinical practice, medical education and research in the field of TCM.
- China Rehabilitation Research Center (Capital Medical University School of Rehabilitation Medicine): It’s the largest rehabilitation center in China, undertaking the tasks of treatment, research, education in the field of rehabilitation.
- The Beijing Center for Disease Prevention and Control (CDC) is the center for preventive medicine education and research affiliated with the School of Public Health and Family Medicine of CMU. It undertakes the task of public health control during severe epidemic outbreaks.